Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path! Psalm 119:105

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Think Spring 2.0

 
 
 

Happy Lords day everyone! It's March and yet we got another 4 inches of fresh snow yay! So to think about Spring the Mod Squad crew challenged us to make another Spring related card. For my card I used the gorgeous iris flower from Melanie Muenchinger new Stately flowers 8 stamp set available at Gina K. Designs.  Colored the iris with copic markers B00, B02, B04,G21,G24 and G28 after I colored it I fussy cut it ( I know I need to use my silhouette). Then I used my square die to cut a hole into the ribbon threader die and before I took the die out I sponged some Memento Bahama blue die around the edges, then I embossed a piece of card and sponged some Memento Angel pink over the top and put it behind the hole that I cut out. Colored the humming bird from Flourishes Humming along no longer available so said with copic markers also, threaded some Gina K. gingham ribbon and added some white faux pearls around the card and added a little polka dot bow to the flower to finish of the card.  When I was making this card I had no idea that humming birds like iris flowers but now I do! I guess if they didn't they would have now  at least on my card! LOL  
 Hope all is well in your neck of the woods! Stay warm my friends! Thanks for stopping by again!
Have a Blessed day everyone! Angie
I'm entering this card into the following challenges
Mod Squad Think Spring 2.0
Stamp Tv. Holey challange

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful, springy card. Maybe Ma Nature will see it and be inspired...LOL!!! You have colored the hummer and iris beautifully, and I love your layout, not to mention your wonderful bright colors. A perfect take on the Mod Squad Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is diffenently a bright spring looking card. I think that I told you how impressed I was with your coloring at STV. the humming bird is fab, as well as the iris. Amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you're so smart in combining those sets! They go so well together, probably because of your amazing coloring and layout! Well done Missy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome !
Have a Blessed day! Angie